Friday, February 8, 2013

C4T #1


How to Manage 3rd Party Apps Accessing Your Google Account at http://www.freetech4teachers.com/ by Richard Byrne

Mr. Byrne gives instructions for how to go into your own Google account to revoke access of a third party, even though this third party has previously had access.  Mr. Byrnaddresses this issue after recommending Teaching Objects, an online lesson planning service.  This raises the question that a lot of people ask, can I revoke access if I decide I don't want to use Teaching Objects after trying it? The answer to that question is yes.

My Comment:  My name is Catherine Warren, an education major at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama.  I will be summarizing my visits to your blog with a post on my blog, http://warrencatherineedm310.blogspot.com, in approximately two weeks.  The class I am taking that is requiring this is EDM 310 with Dr. John Strange.  The class blog is http://edm310.blogspot.com.  This most recent post of yours is exactly what this class is about.  Through this class I have been introduced to the wide world of Google, beyond Google Search.  You give helpful instructions and answers to questions I did not even know have been asked because I am so unfamiliar with third party access to Google accounts.  I believe I will find the link to opening and editing Word files in Google Drive to be very helpful.

The Periodic Table of iPhones

The Periodic Table of iPhones
Mr. Byrne discovered this infographic about the rare-earth minerals used in the construction of iPhones.    He proposes a chemistry lesson about rare-earth minerals in other electronic and household items.

My Comment:  Answering this question could also be applied to a geography or geology lesson. Where in the world are these minerals found? What methods are used to extract them? What is the cost of doing this? Are these minerals extracted from the item if it is turned in for recycling?

Twitter: @CesWarren

http://warrencatherineedm310.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment