Saturday, March 9, 2013

C4T #2


Silvia Tolisano

Langwitches by Silvia Tolisano

First Post
Subject: Embedding Visuals into Teaching and Learning.  Wonderopolis is a website with over 800 visual props and also the opportunity to submit your own.  Another website, Visual Writing Prompts, has pictures and prompts categorized by subject and writing type.  This post is about resources to use for finding pictures as prompts for writing assignments.

My comments:  I am a student taking the class EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama.  I remember writing assignments that were so boring.  Using prompts from websites like these seem very engaging for the students.  This idea of using technology in the classroom is so new to me, though I am enjoying  envisioning the prospect.

This blog allowed me to leave my name, email address, and blog address.

Second Post
Subject:  The proper use of hyper-links as enhancements to writing in the digital world.  This post includes a guide for download.

My comments:  This is an extremely helpful post. Reading it in one sitting is not enough for the information to settle in. Thank you for posting a downloadable tool for help regarding hyperlinks. Just when I thought I had become an adequate writer, I feel like a beginner in the digital world. There is always something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment